Wednesday 9 May 2012

Wrapping Paper Quilt

Thankfully the 'I've run out of pregnant friends' situation didn't last too long. I'm now working on my fourth baby quilt for a lovely friend, soon to be a mum for the first time, who is also called Emma :)

The three quilts I'd made previously were for twin boys and a little girl. This time however, the quilt would have to be, duh duh duhhh... gender neutral. I was a little concerned about being able to find colours and patterns that (a) would work well for either gender and (b) I'd actually like myself! I trawled the internet for gender neutral quilt pictures and thankfully found a few which looked interesting: some good orange, green and white combos going on (I was never a fan of orange until I met this blog and now I'm a complete convert).

It turns out however that I needn't have worried too much. The mum-to-be gave me this piece of wrapping paper as inspiration:


Isn't it great? I love the colours and the fact that they work really well for a boy or a girl. And the pattern's pretty cool too.

I have lots of ideas for this quilt. Unfortunately since it's going to be a gift (and I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise), I can't post about it as I go along . So if all goes to plan, a quilt inspired by the above (and perhaps some 'making of' posts) should be popping onto my blog around September 1st :) I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment