Saturday 26 May 2012

Found some inspiration...

... and so made another purse :) It was a gift for a friend's birthday.


While making this I finally got round to checking the distance between my sewing machine needle and the edge of the sewing machine foot. I'd always assumed that it was 1/4" and hence used it as a guide when doing patchwork. Recently however I know I've been cutting fabric accurately (ridiculously so) but my blocks have been coming out smaller than intended. Turns out the distance is more like 3/8" which would explain it. Feel much better about my sizing problems now!

I think I might need to invest in a 1/4" foot to keep my perfectionist side happy. But I'll definitely check that sewing box first to make sure I don't already have one! Still a few feet in there which I've yet to identify...

Oh, and so you know, the wrapping paper quilt is coming along really well! The quilt top is finished and I'm now on the hunt for some backing fabric. Very much enjoying making it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment